The Rally With No Name 2012

25 Oct

This year’s The Rally With No Name has come and gone, and I’m pleased to say it was bigger and better than ever!

Over 200 people attended, making it “the biggest and baddest scooter rally in Texas.”  The rides on Saturday were cancelled due to heavy rain, but I didn’t hear one complaint from anyone.  That’s the scooter crowd for you!   Sorry to say I didn’t pull my camera out Friday or Saturday because of the weather.

With clearing skies on Sunday, we were able to make up for lost time.  As we rode from Mellizoz Tacos (best tacos in Austin!) through Zilker Park, the sight of over 80 scooters created a spectacle that stopped action on the soccer fields.  From there we went through downtown and over to AF1 Racing for the ghymkana and prizes.

Here is a short video I put together showing a few highlights from Sunday.

I can assure everyone that less than an hour after the rally ended, the organizers were already brainstorming about ideas for next year’s rally.  Be there!

Peace on the Road!

9 Responses to “The Rally With No Name 2012”

1. Zan October 25, 2012 at 10:28 am #

Wow! Great video! The production values have really gone up…..FLAMES! I loved this video. It makes me feel really great to see so many people having so much fun. Wonder if C would be interested in getting scooters for both of us? I can just see that.

Keep on traveling and making the great videos. Thanks for sharing!

• biketrash October 25, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Thanks, Zan! I’m working hard at improving the videos. Your comment is a big encouragement. The scooter community is a fun group!

2. MirisMama October 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

NICE!! thank you, Linda :)

• biketrash October 25, 2012 at 7:49 pm #

Thanks, Susan! Hey, we miss you. Hope to see you on two wheels soon!

3. Lois Avitt October 25, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

Really enjoyed the video…You go GOOD. I could see your horns in a little of it….MOM

• biketrash October 25, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Glad you enjoyed it. Never could get those cow horns worked into the action, but at least you caught a glimpse!

4. Anonymous October 26, 2012 at 9:37 am #

Ohhhhh man, what fun! Love the video LJA. Sure looks like a really great group of people having a wonderful time.

5. Debbie Birdsall Williams October 26, 2012 at 9:38 am #

Oh wait! I didn’t mean that to be anonymous!!! It’s me, Debbie up in Iowa ;)) Love following your scooter adventures.

• biketrash October 30, 2012 at 10:51 pm #

Hey, Debbie! Good to hear from you. Don’t get too cold up there in Iowa. You know, Texas is our largest UNfrozen state!